For patients that have recently had surgery with Dr Bhanderi, please feel free to download this ‘post-surgical care’ guide, or refer to the details outlined below.
Download our Post-Surgical Care Guide Here
Post-Surgical Care of mouth
- Mix one level teaspoonful of ordinary table salt into a tumbler of hot water, as hot as your mouth can take.
- Take a large mouthful and tilt your head to the painful side so that the hot salt solution floods the surgical site (HSWMR).
- Hold it there for one minute before spitting out. Repeat the procedure until the tumbler is empty. 4. Do this every 4 hours throughout the day for at least 7 days.
- Dampen the sterilise gauzes provided or a clean damp handkerchief, and roll-up, place over the surgical site and close together to apply constant pressure for 5-10 minutes.
- Day of Treatment – Ice Packs every 2/3 hours and painkillers (see below).
Next Three Days
- Painkillers: 400mg Ibuprofen tablets (e.g. Nurofen plus) 3 times a day after food. Or a 1000mg Paracetemol alternative if you suffer from a gastric condition or asthma.
- For facial swelling: use Ice Packs (or frozen alternative)
- HSWMR every 4 hours alternately
- Avoid toothbrushing the area for at least a week after the surgery.